|Tiny Toon Adventures|
|Spring in Acme Acres|
|Season 1, Episode 32|
|Babs as the Spirit of Spring|
|Air date||November 6, 1990|
|Written by||Gordon Bressack, Charles M. Howell IV, Eddie Fitzgerald|
|Directed by||Kent Butterworth, Eddie Fitzgerald, Chuck Menville|
|Gag credit||Today's L.A. Weather - Hot and Smoggy|
|End tag||Buster & Babs: "Aloha!"|
Sawdust and Toonsil
Psychic Fun-omenon Day
Spring in Acme Acres is the 32nd episode of Tiny Toon Adventures.
Babs Bunny appears in the intro as the spirit of spring to banish winter for another year. She uses a flamethrower to melt the snowdrifts and ice. Although this destroys the forest, flowers begin to grow.
In the second act, Buster is doing some spring cleaning for Babs at her burrow. A crowd of runaway animals passes by, and Hamton tells Buster that Elmyra is cleaning her house. Not wanting to stick around, Buster runs away.
In the third act, Buster and Babs are picking flowers in the meadow. Buster tells the viewers that Plucky is competing on a game show.
Love Among the Toons
Cupid (who sounds and looks suspiciously like Elmer Fudd) is sick of his job and wants a break, but needs someone to take his place. He finds Concord Condor and rooks him into the job by telling him that his grandmother is sick.
As Concord begins his new job, he notices Buster painting a sign for the Acme Looniversity Spring Picnic. Babs tries to hold the ladder steady, but it falls over, and Buster argues with Babs over whether or not she held the ladder straight. Concord notices this this problem and tries to fix it, but he messes up. The first arrow hits Babs, but Montana Max, who is in a grumpy mood, moves in front of the second arrow that was meant for Buster. Babs and Monty fall in love with each other, as Buster disapproves and tries to talk Babs out of it with no avail.
Meanwhile, Cupid is gambling in the Las Vegas Star Casino. He is summoned by God, who shows him that Acme Acres is out of control using a Viewmaster reel. Babs and Monty have fallen in love with each other, Elmyra Duff is in love with Hamton and chases him, and even Little Beeper is in love with Calamity Coyote, chasing him as well! God demands that Cupid fixes the problem immediately and sends him back to Acme Acres.
Back at Acme Acres, Concord tries to pair Bookworm with an elephant. Cupid arrives and is steaming mad at Concord, as he takes the arrows back and begins fixing what Concord started. Babs Bunny is at the Acme Acres Church, ready to get married to Montana Max. Buster urges her to stop, but she is too lovestruck to listen. Just as Babs and Monty kiss, Cupid uses anti-love arrows on them, causing them to hate each other again. As the cartoon ends, Cupid remarks, "Two down, hundweds to go!"
Elmyra's Spring Cleaning
A silent short. It's a rainy day and Elmyra has bought a Super Duper High Power vacuum cleaner to clean her house. As she cleans, her pets try to escape but she sucks the smaller ones up. She cleans her goldfish's bowl by sucking its water up, and throughout the cartoon, the goldfish tries to get some more water fast.
While she is cleaning up her house, she accidentally sets her vacuum to Super Apocalypse Overdrive and begins unintentionally destroying her house. She also destroys her doghouse, where Dizzy Devil is once again, her pet "puppy". Angry at her, Dizzy tries to kick her but accidentally hits a garbage can. Elmyra mistakes Dizzy for the garbage can and puts dust inside him. The vacuum's nozzle gets stuck to the kitchen sink and sucks up the water.
Unable to find water, the goldfish tries to bury himself. The vaccum bag gets overloaded with water and bursts, providing the fish with fresh water, some of which he squirts at Elmyra.
That's Incredibly Stupid
Plucky Duck and Dizzy Devil are on the game show That's Incredibly Stupid, hosted by Biff Blasday. Plucky is excited for the $,1000 prize and ready for the first event; lasting in a demolition derby for at least 5 minutes. He is shocked when he finds out he doesn't get a car, but instead gets a helmet, roller skates, and an inner tube. He pretends to be sick and sends Dizzy Devil in his place. Dizzy spins around and destroys all the cars.
Dizzy wins the $1,000, but Biff tells him and Plucky that they can go for another challenge to try to win $5,000 instead. The challenge is to find a needle in a barn full of haystacks, so Plucky and Dizzy accept. Unfortunately, there are boxes of fireworks underneath the haystacks, so Plucky fakes being sick again and sends Dizzy to find the needle on his own. To make it more challenging, Biff turns out the lights, and Dizzy lights a match. This causes the fireworks to go off and Dizzy flies out of the barn scorched. Plucky notices the needle on Dizzy's butt and pulls it out, completing the second challenge.
Plucky is happy to have won the $5,000, but Biff tells him he can go for the grand prize of $100,000. Dizzy refuses, and Plucky asks what is required to win it. Biff tells him that the only way to win it is to judge a beauty contest. Plucky accepts at first, but then he finds out the 4 finalists are muscular. They toss him around and he has trouble deciding on the winner. This costs Plucky the $100,000 (no pun intended), but Dizzy wins the consolation prize of Plucky's judge badge.
|Charlie Adler||Buster Bunny, Biff Blasday|
|Tress MacNeille||Babs Bunny|
|Joe Alaskey||Plucky Duck|
|Don Messick||Hamton J. Pig|
|Maurice LaMarche||Dizzy Devil|
|Danny Cooksey||Montana Max|
|Rob Paulsen||Concord Condor|
- The title of episode segment, Love Among the Toons is a reference to the 1975 British television film, Love Among the Ruins, directed by George Cukor and starring Katharine Hepburn and Sir Laurence Olivier.
- In the episode segment, Love Among the Toons, Elmer Fudd essentially reprises his role as Cupid from the Frank Tashlin short The Stupid Cupid.
- In the episode segment, Love Among the Toons, Buster tells Babs that Monty isn't her species. Although she is too lovestruck to listen to him, In the Season 1 episode, Hare Raising Night, Babs has made it her rule not to date outside her own species. Thus, if she succeeded in marrying Monty, she would be breaking her rule.
- In the episode segment, Love Among the Toons, one of Concord's matches is Little Beeper chasing Calamity Coyote. This reverses the order of the Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote cartoons, as Wile E. Usually chases Road Runner, and Calamity and Beeper, being their protoges, do a similar thing.
- In the episode segment, Love Among the Toons, the View-Master pictures are created with plasticine models rather than traditional cel animation.
- In the episode segment, Elmyra's Spring Cleaning, the pets she owns who make cameo appearances include Little Beeper, Calamity Coyote, Tyrone the Turtle, Bookworm (whose glasses are bigger for some reason, somewhat resembling a raccoon's eyes), Furrball, Concord Condor, and Dizzy Devil.
- Elmyra's Spring Cleaning is set entirely to Johann Strauss' "Tales from Vienna Woods", which has been used in many cartoons including A Corny Concerto, as well as Strauss' Voices of Spring.
Main article: Spring in Acme Acres/Gallery