|Tiny Toon Adventures|
|Prom-ise Her Anything|
|Season 1, Episode 17|
|The Title Card|
|Air date||October 8, 1990|
|Written by||Paul Dini and Bob Carrau|
|Directed by||Ken Boyer|
|Gag credit||If You Just Tuned In... - You're Late|
|End tag||Buster & Babs: "Aloha!"|
Rock 'N' Roar
Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow
Prom-ise Her Anything is the 17th episode of Tiny Toon Adventures. It was written by Paul Dini and Bob Carrou and directed by Ken Boyer.
Gogo Dodo appears out the clock tower to tell everyone that Acme Looniversity is having a prom. Buster avoids asking Babs out, not because he doesn't want to dance with her, but because he doesn't know how to dance. Hamton tells Babs that sometimes boys get shy when asking a girl they like to the prom, and he asks Fifi if she feels the same way. Fifi calls the idea of a prom outdated phooey. Hamton walks away sad, saying he wanted to ask Fifi as his date. Fifi enthusiastically accepts, wrapping her tail around Hamton and kissing him on the head as thanks. Babs decides to wait in her burrow for Buster to call her. Meanwhile, Buster tries to learn some dance moves from the Bugs Bunny cartoon, Hot Cross Bunny. Bugs wants to talk to Buster about his dance moves, but Buster rushes off to ask Babs to the prom. Back at Babs' burrow, Babs is impatiently waiting for Buster. Harriet, her unseen friend calls her, and Babs tells her that Buster still hasn't called. Buster arrives at Babs' burrow and apologizes for keeping her waiting. He gives her a rose and Li'l Sneezer is his saxophone player. Babs is happy that Buster finally asked her.
Mary Melody is a reporter for Looniversity TV, reporting the prom. Montana Max refuses to go to the prom, but Elmyra hugs him tighty and doesn't let go. To escape her grasp, Monty promises to take Elmyra to the prom. Elmyra gets excited, unaware that it was a false promise. Monty escapes in a chicken farmer's truck. After Mary finishes reporting, a commercial for Crazy Tazzie's House of Tuxes airs. Buster arrives at Babs' burrow and takes Babs to the prom. At the prom, Babs meets up with Shirley and Fifi, who all go to the powder room to apply their makeup (which is done by the animators' paintbrushes). Elmyra is there, still unaware that Monty has stood her up. She waits and begins to lose hope. Meanwhile, Buster meets Dizzy Devil, and tells him that no single guys are allowed at the prom without a date. Dizzy tells Buster that he has a date and shows him his date, Mitzi, a lovely young human lady who leaves Plucky and Hamton in a trance. Buster asks Babs what's wrong with Elmyra. Babs tells him Monty stood her up and left for Rio, and Buster agrees that this time, Monty's gone too far.
Buster realizes even Elmyra deserves some fun on her prom night, and he and Babs travel to Rio to bring Monty home to the prom. At first, Monty refuses to keep his promise or stay at the prom, but he becomes attracted to Mitzi. Buster and Babs put Elmyra in her place and she dances with Monty. Monty hates dancing with Elmyra, and when she asks what's the matter, he tells her that she's the matter and that he doesn't like her, literally breaking her apart. Monty then snatches Mitzi from Dizzy and tries to dance with her, but she rejects him, using almost the exact same words he uses. Having been rejected by Mitzi, Monty apologizes to Elmyra and tells her she's not all that bad. He agrees to dance with her as long as they are unseen. Bugs arrives to congratulate Buster for bringing Monty and Elmyra together, and he tries to tell Buster about the dance moves he learned, but Babs immediately starts dancing with him. Everyone is shocked to find out Buster can't really dance, but Bugs, pretending Buster has started a new dance craze, joins in, making Buster the highlight of the prom, as everyone joins in as well. A relieved Buster asks how he can repay Bugs, and Bugs tells him to swipe one of Daffy's routines next time.
|Charlie Adler||Buster Bunny|
|Tress MacNeille||Babs Bunny, Mitzi, Arnolda|
|Joe Alaskey||Plucky Duck, Plucky's Father|
|Don Messick||Hamton J. Pig|
|Danny Cooksey||Montana Max|
|Cree Summer||Elmyra Duff, Mary Melody|
|Maurice LaMarche||Dizzy Devil|
|Gail Matthius||Shirley the Loon|
|Kath Soucie||Fifi La Fume, Li'l Sneezer, Harriet|
|Frank Welker||Gogo Dodo, Furrball, The President of the United States|
|Rob Paulsen||Arnold the Pit Bull|
Bugs Bunny, Taz
Bugs Bunny (archive footage)
- The Prom Song:
- Gogo: Guys, bug your dads for some bucks,
- It's time to go and rent a tux!
- Gals, go buy a gown brand new,
- It's prom time at Acme Loo!
- Bang the drum, shout the news!
- It's time to put on your dancing shoes,
- Don't be shy, take a chance,
- and ask your cutie to the dance!
- Prom time fills us all with glee,
- It's a fun, exciting jamboree!
- Elmyra: I hope Monty will take me!
- Monty: I'd rather get a lobotomy!
- Gogo: So come one, and come all,
- Everybody's going to have a ball,
- Watch this place become a zoo,
- It's prom time at Acme Loo!
- Buster: "Dance? You mean, people go to a prom to dance?"
- Babs: "Isn't there something you'd like to ask me, Buster?"
- Buster: "Uh, sorry, Babsy. I got a carrot cake in the oven. I'll call you later."
- Babs: "Is it my breath?"
- Babs: "Hello?"
- President: "Hello, Babs. This is the President of the United States."
- Babs: "Get off the line, Mac! I'm waiting for an important call!"
- Taz: "That Crazy Tazzie's House of Tuxes. Me prices be insane. Me insane! Me nuts!"
- Li'l Sneezer: "I also play bar mitzvahs."
- Plucky: "Say, we don't have to hang around here, you know, My dad's car is right outside."
- Shirley: "Right, and so is your dad. He drove us, remember?"
- Plucky's Dad: "Have fun, kids!"
- Buster: "Hiya, Arnold, where's your date?"
- Arnolda: "I am Arnold's date."
- Arnold: "I see you've met Arnolda".
- Buster & Plucky: "Arnolda?"
- Arnold: "Yeah. She's the only girl I know who's better-looking than me."
- Buster (About Arnold & Arnolda): "Now there goes a cute couple."
- Plucky: "Yeah, but a couple of what?"
- Gogo (with Sally, a fire hydrant with a flower taped to her back): "Have you met my date, Sally?"
- Mary: "Hello, Sally?"
- Gogo: "Why are you talking to her back?"
- Mary: "I've got to transfer out of this school."
- Plucky: "Alright, who spiked the punch?" (as he finds a spike in the punch bowl)
- Monty: "You can't do this to me! I'm rich! I'm important! I'm a Republican!"
- Elmyra (Giant puch bowl in mouth) "Why Monty, what's the matter?"
- Monty: "You're what's the matter! You're a complete waste of space! You have a personality that rivals spore mold! On the evolutionary chart, you rank someplace between head cheese and toaster ovens! You're a cruise to nowhere! A null, a void, a zero!"
- Elmyra: "Just what are you trying to say?"
- Monty: "I don't like you! Read my lips. I don't like you!"
- Fifi: "Crepe Suzette! Bugs Bunny is doing Buster's dance!"
- Shirley: "Like, I had no idea Buster was so totally cool!"
- Babs: "So, you never learned to dance!"
- Buster: "Eh, what can I say? I'm a trendsetter."
- When Montana Max lustfully reacts to Mitzi, his head briefly morphs into a howling cartoonish wolf. This is a reference to the 1943 Tex Avery cartoon, Red Hot Riding Hood by MGM. This gag was later performed in the 1994 Jim Carrey film, The Mask.
- This episode takes place after the events of the Test Stressed episode segment, To Bleep or Not to Bleep, as Fowlmouth is seen dateless.
- This episode is one of the few where Arnold the Pit Bull is seen getting along with Buster and his friends.
- This episode marks the first appearance (albeit one of the very few) of the popular Fifi/Hamton relationship, loved by many fans of the show.
- Despite being a minor, Montana Max claims to be a republican in this episode.
- This is one of very few episodes in which Fifi is shown wearing clothes (though at her beginning scene, she wears only her ribbon; she only wore the dress to the prom).
- This is the first and only time we hear Harriet, Babs' phone girlfriend.
- Gogo's square dance song is similar to the one Bugs Bunny sings in Hillbilly Hare.
- Although he doesn't speak, Calamity Coyote has a main role as a member of the prom committee.
- Main article: Prom-ise Her Anything/Gallery