|Tiny Toon Adventures|
|Henny Youngman Day|
|Season 2, Episode 74|
|Henny Youngman, the host of today's episode|
|Air date||November 22, 1991|
|Written by||Sherri Stoner, Tom Ruegger, Nicholas Hollander|
|Directed by||Jon McClenahan|
|Gag credit|| Top 4 Henny Youngman "Savers": |
4. Here's Another One You May Not Like.
3. How Can You People Sleep With The TV On?
2. Two, Three, Four... Is Anyone Still Watching?
1. We Will Pray Silently for the Episode That Just Died.
|End tag||Baby Plucky: "I wanna flush it again!"|
Buster and Babs Go Hawaiian
Henny Youngman Day is the ninth episode of the second season of Tiny Toon Adventures, and the 74th episode overall.
Stand-up and Deliver
During lunchtime at the Acme Looniversity cafeteria, Babs practices her stand-up, annoying the other students. After school, Babs tells her friends that she signed up for open mic night at the Acme Improv. That night, Babs is the last one chosen for open mic night, although she insists she go on first. The night has little success, until Red Rad Robin Kill-'ems goes onstage. He is a huge critical success who gives Babs stage fright. Robin helps Babs with her comedy act and they are a huge critical success. Although Babs boasts to her friends, she thanks Robin for helping her, as she couldn't have been a huge critical success without his help.
The Potty Years
Plucky Duck begins by saying, "I remember...my potty years", and shortly afterwards flashes back to Plucky as a baby duckling. Since he is almost three years old, his parents decide it is time to potty train him. At first, he is reluctant to give up his diapers, but becomes interested when he sees the water go down the hole as the toilet is flushed. Throughout the cartoon, he flushes various items down the toilet. He flushes his diaper, an entire roll of toilet paper, his teddy bear Nana, his rubber duckie, and his toy tugboat. He also attempts to flush Furrball, but he escapes and Baby Plucky is nearly flushed himself. Eventually, he clogs up the toilet, causing it to overflow and flood the bathroom. One by one, the stuff he flushed begins to come back. His parents scold him, but he hides in the toilet and says, "Ewww." The cartoon ends with Plucky in his normal age saying that "And fortunately, it all worked out in the end" while walking up to the front door to reveal he's wearing a diaper, insinuating that his parents gave up and just let him stay in them. After going inside he then attempts to flush the toilet, only to once again get scolded by his father.
Buster and his friends are telling jokes. When Buster tries to tell his joke (represented by an injured clown), he can't remember how to tell it, and his joke becomes severely ill. Gogo takes Buster's joke to the doctor, who is none other than Henny Youngman. Henny Youngman tells Buster that his joke died, and Buster feels awful. He buries it at the joke cemetery, but is sad that he he will miss telling it. He finally manages to tell it right, his friends all laugh, and the joke is brought back to life.
|Charlie Adler||Buster Bunny, Roach Man, Heckler, Lame Joke|
|Tress MacNeille||Babs Bunny, Plucky's Mother|
|Joe Alaskey||Plucky Duck, Plucky's Father, Announcer, Additional Voices|
|Don Messick||Hamton J. Pig|
|Henny Youngman||Henny Youngman|
|Frank Welker||Furrball, Byron Basset|
|Nathan Ruegger||Little Plucky|
|Maurice LaMarche||Red Rad Robin Killem's, George Burns Monkey, Comedy Announcer|
- Henny Youngman: Daffy sent me over because he was feeling under the feather.
- Henny Youngman: "Let me tell you about myself. I'm from New York. I've played Carnegie Hall. Do ya know how ta get ta Carnegie Hall?"
- Hamton: "The expressway, a cab, or the subway."
- Henny Youngman: "Anyone else?"
- Students (monotonously): "Practice."
- Plucky: "How do you turn her off?"
- Buster: "I'm still looking for the switch."
- Babs (Playing a bass drum): "I keep going, and going, and going!" (Jumps offscreen)
- Plucky: "Shoot her, just shoot her."
- Plucky (About Babs): "May you live to be as old as your jokes."
- Roach: "I'm the roach, man, and your'e a bunch o'..." (bleeped explicits) "Bada-bing, bada-boom!"
- Walrus: "I'm so fat, I'm... fat!"
- Robin Killems (to Babs): "I know what it's like when you're starting out. Heck, I used to play at the opening of an envelope."
- Henny Youngman: "Take my wife, please!"
- Babs: "You know, I don't get it, our sub's name is Henny Youngman, a hen's a female chicken, but he's a guy!"
- Plucky: "Maybe it's a hormone imbalance."
- Henny Youngman: "People are always askin' me, 'How do ya keep your act fresh?'"
- Hamton: "Practice!"
- Henny Youngman: "This kid's got more talent in his little finger than he does in his big finger."
- Henny Youngman: "What do you think of Flushing, New York?"
- Plucky: "I think it's a good idea."
- Baby Plucky: "Ewww."
- Baby Plucky (After he flushes the toilet for the first time): "Water go down the hole."
- Plucky's Mother: "That's right."
- Baby Plucky: "Water go down the hole!"
- Plucky's Mother: "Yes dear."
- Baby Plucky (While dancing): "Water go down the hole!" (Giggles)
- (Baby Plucky sucks his thumb as the screen flashes forward to Plucky in his normal age, who laughs, then sighs)
- Plucky: "Yeah, those were the days."
- (The camera zooms out as Plucky moves to the doorway of his front door revealing he's still in diapers.)
- Plucky: "And fortunately, it all worked out in the end."
- (Plucky sticks his diapered rear up in the air before going inside the house.)
- Plucky's Father (After Plucky in his normal age flushes the toilet): "PLUCKY?!"
- Plucky: "I wanna flush it again! I wanna flush it again! I WANNA FLUSH IT AGAIN!"
- (Gogo finally has had enough of Youngman's one-liners and packs up his drums and leaves)
- Henny Youngman: "There goes the band. That's the band of the spider great line. Stop the music. You know what they say to the musicians?"
- Hamton: "Practice!"
- Henny Youngman: "This kid throws himself into everything. Go find a deep well."
- Henny Youngman: "I want to thank you all for being here and taking my class. Take my class, please!"
- Buster: "Doctor, what's he got?"
- Henny Youngman: "I don't know, I haven't gotten to his wallet yet."
- Henny Youngman: "I got good news and bad news. The good news is, your joke died. The bad news is, who cares?"
- Babs: "You killlllleeed hiiiiimmm...."
- Hamton: "Humor homiciiiiiiiiiide......"
- Plucky: "You're the Freddy Krueger of comedyyyyyy....."
- Henny Youngman: "Somebody call the Maytag man. This whirlpool is killin' me!"
- Henny Youngman: "Hey, kid, how do ya get to the parking lot from here?"
- Hamton: "Practice!"
- Henny Youngman: "He's not a complete loss, he can always be a horrible example. This kid has Van Gogh's ear for comedy. He only needs one thing to make a fool out of himself: a chance. Ha ha ha ha! Ah, somebody stop me! I'm hittin' below the Borscht Belt!"
- In the episode segment, Stand-up and Deliver, one of Babs Bunny's impressions is the Energizer Bunny, the American mascot of Energizer Batteries. She even references Energizer's slogan by saying, "I keep going, and going, and going!"
- Babs also does imitations of Robin Leach, Quasimodo and Elvis Presley.
- Robin Killems is a parody of comedian Robin Williams.
- The squirrel in Stand-up and Deliver is a parody of comedian Emo Phillips.
- The roach in Stand-up and Deliver is a parody of comedian Andrew Dice Clay, best known for wearing leather jackets and jeans onstage, his dirty nursery rhymes, and his excessive profanity.
- Henny Youngman is named for and voiced by the comic of the same name. An elderly chimpanzee who looks and sounds like George Burns walks on at one point in "Lame Joke" and criticizes Youngman's delivery of a joke.
- The episode segment, Stand-up and Deliver is the second to use bleeped-out swearing, the first was the Test Stress episode segment, To Bleep Or Not To Bleep.
- The episode segment, The Potty Years is based on a true story; Tom Ruegger's youngest son, Cody, who was 4 years old and fascinated with flushing the toilet at the time, became the inspiration for Baby Plucky. Much of Baby Plucky's dialogue, "Water go down the hole." and "Water came back!" originated from Cody. During Cody's potty flushing phase, Tom Ruegger's family were at a NYC hotel and Cody locked himself in the bathroom, flushing various items down the toilet, clogging it, and creating a flood that filled the bathroom and leaked onto the floors below.
- In the title card for the episode segment, Lame Joke, Nicholas Hollander and Sherri Stoner are credited as "$hecky Hollander" and "Boom-Boom Stoner", respectively, for unknown reasons.
- To read this episode's transcript, click here.
Main article: Henny Youngman Day/Gallery