Blard Simpleton is a minor character on Tiny Toon Adventures. He is overweight, has purple skin, and wears a yellow shirt, blue pants (which are ripped at the back), and black and white hi-tops. He is a parody of the famous The Simpsons character, Bart Simpson. He was voiced by Tress MacNeille.
Weekday Afternoon Live
Blard Simpleton appears in the Season 3 episode, Weekday Afternoon Live as the guest host. He was nervous at first, but then he remembers that he has been working in cartoons all his life. Babs informs him that their show isn't like his, demonstrating the differences through cartoon violence. Blard asks if it's too late for him to back out, and Babs tells him it is, so he reluctantly stays.
Blard plays General Lee during a sketch where he is conned into signing Babs' autograph book instead of a surrender document.
During the segment, The Cornheads, Blard plays the paperboy and the non-corn date of Elmyron. He rejects a date with Elmyron, causing her to get so angry, she steams up and pops her corn.
At the end of the episode, Blard tells the audience goodnight with the cast on the stage and they fall through the floor afterwards.
- Steven Spielberg provided the Indiana Jones theme for The Simpsons' Season 3 episode, Bart's Friend Falls in Love, hoping in return, he would get the rights to use The Simpsons theme song in the Pledge Week episode segment, It's All Relatives (during Babs' impressions of Marge, Bart and Maggie). Although Fox tried, he was denied the rights. Blard Simpleton was made as a parody and Steven's own personal friendly jab at Fox.
- Blard Simpleton made a cameo appearance in the Spring Break Special when he was trapped in a cage along with Tweety Bird, and a few other woodland creatures and pop culture characters.
- Blard's voice actress voices many characters of the Simpsons, in which Blard parodized one character
- "Stick around for a great show. I hope!"
- "This guest host monologue stinks!"